My boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship. He lives in Colorado and I currently live in Missouri. We are both students and we love to travel.
Looking for flight deals for our numerous trips is an excruciating task and we ended up spending a fortune on short trips and tiny getaways.
If you want to travel frequently and if you want to travel for less, its best to stick to one airline as far as practicable. This also boosts your air-miles, and at Frontier, 20,000 miles gets you a free one way ride.
We currently book all our domestic flights on Frontier. We have flown on round trips rates of $108, $120 and drumroll, please, $48 between Saint Louis and Denver.
A trip to Las Vegas from Denver can be a gob smacking $25 if you can get it on time!
Here’s what you need to get started
• Subscribe for alerts on flight deals.
• You have to be prepared for weird flight timings, like reaching a place in the middle of the night or at 3 am.
• You must travel light. A carry on is free. But a checked in baggage costs anywhere between $25-40.
• Be prepared to carry some snacks with you in case you have long waits over connecting flights.
Here’s how to get the best deals:
• If possible, plan early. But some times, waiting till the last minute also has its advantages if you can grab some deals off flash sales. This is tremendous news for the spontaneous traveler.
• Avoid traveling during holiday weekends (or at least booking the tickets in the last minute).
• Get an account with their Den Deals. These tend to go off as the month progresses, so you will have to grab them early to get more discounts.
• And, I cannot emphasis it enough, travel light
This will save you cash to spend on later during your travel and adventures, and also get you enough air miles for a free trip as well!
Tell us about how you plan your adventure air fares. We are always in the look out for great ideas.
You might also like:
@2016, The Idea Bucket